At LocalBitcoins.com, people from different countries can exchange their local currency to bitcoins. Peer to peer exchanging of Bitcoin was one of the earliest ways to get bitcoin. In this review we will try to give you a summary of how the system works and why they are different.
But the name says it all, the system matches people that are in relative close proximity to each other in a buy or sell transaction. In other words, a local bitcoins transaction.
- Name: Localbitcoins.com
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Founded: 2012
- Fiat Currencies: 248 countries
- Cryptocurrencies: BTC,
- Buy/Sell: CASH, Bank Transfer (SEPA), Credit/Debit Card, Cryptocurrencies, SOFORT, Netteller
- Registering, buying and selling fees: free
- Human to human interaction
- 248 countries to choose from
- varied payment options and currencies
- Most services are free.
- escrow payment protection
- Several security layers