Safe cryptocurrency with a hardware wallet
If you have been around the world of cryptocurrencies for more then five minutes then you will have heard this phrase:
Not your keys, not your crypto
Well that is what you need a hardware wallet for safe cryptocurrency, it is the most secure kind of cryptocurrency wallet that stores the user’s private keys in a secure hardware device.
Because they are used for cold storage of your coins they do not need to be connected to the internet. That is why they provide greater security by being a lot harder to hack.
A hardware wallet is a hardware device that needs to be connected to your computer, using a USB or another kind of connection. Through this device you can run a Bitcoin (or alt coin) wallet to securely store your bitcoin, and still send and receive them easily.
A good bitcoin hardware wallet can give you the safety of cold storage combined with the ease of an online wallet.
If you are using your tokens as a longer term investment then hardware wallets are just the thing you need for your security!
Just HODL your tokens…
Protecting your cryptocurrency tokens with a hardware wallet
Want to know more?
Let’s get started!
these are some of the biggest advantages:
- your private keys are stored in a protected area of a micro controller/sd card, and cannot be transferred out of the device in plaintext
- they are immune to computer viruses that have been know to hack into software wallets
- the use is secure and interactive so private keys never come in contact with potentially vulnerable software
- much of the time, the software is open source, allowing a user to validate the entire operation of the device
Size in mm
BTC / ETH / ERC20
USB / micro SD
Which hardware wallet is best for you?
It is important to know what you want to store and then to check which devices support which blockchain. There are some that only support Bitcoin, while others can be used for multiple assets. As subtokens on Ethereum and the ERC20 standard become more common, we can start expecting better and more support.
Things to consider:
- It might be good to take into account that these are small devices and even smaller screens (if any) and a limited amount of buttons. User friendliness is turning out to be a key aspect besides security. Price wise they are all in the same range and definitely worth the investment to keep your coins and tokens safe.
- Never buy a used or secondhand wallet if you want to make sure everything is secure.
- We are not selling these wallets, instead all links lead to the original manufacturers websites. (we do get a small commission for the referrals)
- Below you will find the most current and popular options with an option for more info if needed.
- Keep in mind that all products below have to be shipped and that the shipping costs can vary to where you live
Join the Free Crypto Course
Unsure of where to start? Then this course will teach you the first steps!